- Mt. Laurel, NJ
Summary of Job:
The Mechanical Engineer I will work with a team of Electrical, Mechanical, and Embedded Firmware Engineers in an office/lab environment. The candidate will be responsible for the simulation, design, and research of various mechanical parts and assemblies. These parts and assemblies are part of RF delivery systems for the Semiconductor Equipment Industry. Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is not a sponsored position and Reno Sub-Systems, Inc. will not sponsor candidates for work Visas.
Reports to Sr. Director of Engineering
- CFD analysis using Solidworks
- Design of mechanical parts and assemblies using PTC Creo and Solidworks. Mechanical parts include sheet metal, plastic and metal machined parts, air- and water-cooled heat sinks, etc.
- Part and assembly drawings
- Design of 3-D printable parts and injection molded assemblies
- Cable assembly design/drawings
- Test fixture and 3D printed form design
- Tolerance and worst-case analysis
- Structure analysis
- Conducting research
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical designers to develop and execute a project plan and requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- CFD and thermal analysis
- PTC Creo
- Heat sink design
- Injection molded part design
- Design for manufacturability
- Minimum 1-year experience performing the essential job functions above
- Close attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a must
- Candidate must live within a one-hour commute of the office from which they will be working. Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Preferred but not required experience:
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment/industry experience
- Power electronics packaging experience
- Potting/conformal coatings
- Arena PDM
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different types of people in different organizations throughout the company
Customary Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2+years of experience
- Walking, standing and sitting
- Long periods of computer usage
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping and fingering of objects
- Vision – close vision, color differentiation
- Office Setting
- Moderate noise level
- Minimal travel required
- Flexible hours. May be required to work on off hours and weekends.
- Experience in a semiconductor fabrication plant with plasma or related processes that employ RF equipment
- Paid vacation, 401(k) and health care package
Interested applicants are invited to send their résumé and an optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company:
Reno Sub-Systems (Reno) has developed new and disruptive technologies for the semiconductor and advanced microelectronic industries. Leveraging its patented technologies, Reno has demonstrated the highest-performance RF matching networks, RF power generators and gas delivery systems for leading-edge nanoscale manufacturing processes. Reno has generated strong customer demand based on on-tool performance data, which allowed the company to transition from technology and product development to high-volume adoption within two years.