Mt. Laurel, NJ
Summary of Job:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of software for semiconductor equipment. The candidate will be working with a team of Electrical, Mechanical, and Sr Embedded Engineers in an office/lab environment.
Reports to Sr. Director of Engineering
- Design software for embedded systems
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging integration, and verification.
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical designers to develop and execute a project plan and requirements.
- Candidate must live within a 45-minute commute from the office from which they will be working. Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Microcontroller firmware development for embedded systems
- Strong knowledge of C, C++, C#
- Minimum 10-year experience performing the essential job functions above
- Close attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a must
Preferred but not required experience:
- Understanding of digital and analog circuits and ability to read schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot Analog, Digital, and Mixed Signals at the Hardware Level
- FPGA design
- Microsoft .Net for GUI applications
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively in teams providing direction to both peers and management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different types of people in different organizations throughout the company
Customary Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with 5+years of experience
- Walking, standing, and sitting
- Long periods of computer usage
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping, and fingering of objects
- Vision – close vision, color differentiation
- Office Setting
- Moderate noise level
- Minimal travel required
- Flexible hours. May be required to work on off hours and weekends.
- Paid vacation, 401(k) and health care package
Interested applicants are invited to send their résumé and an optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company:
Reno Sub-Systems (Reno) has developed new and disruptive technologies for the semiconductor and advanced microelectronic industries. Leveraging its patented technologies, Reno has demonstrated the highest-performance RF matching networks, RF power generators and gas delivery systems for leading-edge nanoscale manufacturing processes. Reno has generated strong customer demand based on on-tool performance data, which allowed the company to transition from technology and product development to high-volume adoption within two years.