Position Last Updated:
Summary of Job:
The RF Engineer will be responsible for the design and development RF circuits for semiconductor equipment. The candidate will be working with a team of Electrical, Mechanical, and Embedded Engineers in an office/lab environment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is not a sponsored position and Reno Sub-Systems, Inc. will not sponsor candidates for work Visas.
Reports to Sr. Director of Engineering
- Design RF matching networks, amplifiers, splitters, combiners, couplers, and oscillators from 400kHz to 2.45GHz
- Design magnetics for RF circuits
- Design Micro-strip circuits
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, debugging integration and verification.
- Analog circuit design
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical designers to develop and execute a project plan and requirements.
- Candidate must live within a 1-hour commute of the office from which they will be working. Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate prior to commencing employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- RF circuit design/simulation experience
- Solid academic background in RF fundamentals
- Experience with low and high-power RF design
- Electrical circuit simulation using ORCAD PSPICE or similar RF simulation software
- Ability to troubleshoot Analog, Digital, and Mixed Signals at the Hardware Level
- Minimum 1-year experience performing the essential job functions above
- Close attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a must
Preferred but not required experience
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment/industry experience
- RF Generator design
- Semiconductor match design
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively in teams providing direction to both peers and management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different types of people in different organizations throughout the company
Customary Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Walking, standing and sitting
- Long periods of computer usage
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping and fingering of objects
- Vision – close vision, color differentiation
- Office Setting
- Moderate noise level
- Minimal travel required
- Flexible hours. May be required to work on off-hours and weekends
- Occasional travel required.
Interested applicants are invited to send their résumé and an optional cover letter to email@example.com
About the Company:
Reno Sub-Systems (Reno) has developed new and disruptive technologies for the semiconductor and advanced microelectronic industries. Leveraging its patented technologies, Reno has demonstrated the highest-performance RF matching networks, RF power generators and gas delivery systems for leading-edge nanoscale manufacturing processes. Reno has generated strong customer demand based on on-tool performance data, which allowed the company to transition from technology and product development to high-volume adoption within two years.