Position Last Updated:
Summary of Job:
Privately owned, international semiconductor technology company, funded by Intel and other OEMs, that specializes in RF power generators and RF matching networks seeks an Electrical Test Engineer to join the firm at the Mt. Laurel, NJ location. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting early-stage company where you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to the business with the potential for exponential growth and great personal and financial reward. By joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to cultivate relationships with some of the most talented people in the specialized industry and will be provided with an experienced and motivated staff that is empowered by an enriching work environment, give the tools they need to succeed and encouraged to be innovative and take informed risks.
Reports to Sr. Director of Engineering
- Develop the test methods and procedures needed to transition products from a design center into high volume manufacturing.
- Design/document, build, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated test fixtures for small and large volume manufacturing environment.
- Write/modify existing Labview code for automated test.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of new products, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with design and contract manufacturing teams to identify, define, and solve test issues.
- Analyze and interpret test results to identify design/test related problems.
- Draw or modify diagrams/schematics and write specifications to convey design details and functional criteria of products.
- Plan method and sequence of operations for testing new and existing products.
- Support the re-engineering of current designs to support a DFx.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Proficiency with LabVIEW programming.
- Automated test development and deployment.
- Experience in scripting languages
- Experience with Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, Power Supplies.
- Be comfortable working with high voltage AC/RF and DC.
- Minimum 5-year experience performing the essential job functions above.
- Close attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is a must.
Preferred but not required experience
- Working knowledge of C, C++, C#
- Microsoft .Net for GUI applications
- Working knowledge of RF and DC power systems and RF Matching Networks.
- Experience working with Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meters, etc.
- Semiconductor capital equipment experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong results orientation.
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed goals. Capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering measurable results on time and on budget.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving abilities with a supplier and customer focus.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work effectively in teams providing direction to both peers and management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different types of people in different organizations throughout the company
Customary Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Candidate must live within a 1-hour commute of the office from which they will be working. Candidates outside this distance must be willing to relocate.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Walking, standing and sitting
- Long periods of computer usage
- Handling – seizing, holding, grasping and fingering of objects
- Vision – close vision, color differentiation
- Works in a laboratory setting
- Moderate noise level
- Flexible hours. May be required to work on off hours and weekends.
- Flexibility to travel to company locations, customers, suppliers, or related events.
- Some travel will be required.
Interested applicants are invited to send their résumé and an optional cover letter to email@example.com
About the Company:
Reno Sub-Systems (Reno) has developed new and disruptive technologies for the semiconductor and advanced microelectronic industries. Leveraging its patented technologies, Reno has demonstrated the highest-performance RF matching networks, RF power generators and gas delivery systems for leading-edge nanoscale manufacturing processes. Reno has generated strong customer demand based on on-tool performance data, which allowed the company to transition from technology and product development to high-volume adoption within two years.